10 Jul LIBRARY NEWS
All the books Click here
The 250 books from the collection that was recently purchased by the club have now been classified in their various divisions, and and are now being numbered prior to being included in our collection.
For the benefit of new members and others who may not be familiar with the shelving arrangement of the library, the books are being numbered and placed in divisions that are more practical for our needs, rather than using the more general Dewey Decimal system of classification. Divisions are as follows:
1. Individual marques: The books are arranged in alphabetical order by vehicle make.
2. Australian Motor Sport: These books on Australian motor racing are arranged in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
3. Grands Prix: Books on Grands Prix and Formula one are arranged in chronological order.
4. Racing Cars – General: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
5. Sports Cars – General: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
6. Miscellaneous works: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
7. Biographical works: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
8. Technical works: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
In addition to approximately 825 books the library also houses an extensive collection of magazines and racing programs as follows:
Magazines: Australian Motor Sports, Sports Car World, Auto Sportsman, Racing Car News, Australian Motor Racing, Motor Sport (English) Autosport (English), F1 Racing, (English), Classic & Sports Car (English), Classic Cars (English), Road & Track (USA).
Programs: An extensive range of racing & hillclimb programs from the following venues: Fishermans Bend, Sandown, Phillip Island, Calder, Winton, Warwick Farm, Oran Park, Amaroo, Eastern Creek, Bathurst, Geelong Sprints, and Victorian Hillclimb circuits.
The library also house six shelves containing over 200 video tapes and DVDs covering local and overseas events, and biographies.
For further information visit the library on Wednesdays or Club nights or contact:
George Spanos 9885 or Lloyd Shaw 0415 351 164